Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)

From: joakim
Subject: Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 08:56:26 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> If the windows plist window-operation-behaviour-flags
>> delete-other-windows is t, the window is not electable for deletion when
>> delete-other-windows is run.
>
> I'd rather add window-parameter and set-window-parameter.  After all,
> most objects have such things and it's useful for more than just
> "behavior flags".
>
> Such an addition is useful in general and can be installed right away.

Ok, I will model it like set-frame-parameter, frame-parameter. Thanks
for the tip!

> As for the introduction of special meaning for some parameters so as to
> influence delete-other-windows, while I think it may work well, I'd
> rather first see it fully developed and shown to be a good fit for ECB,
> before installing it.  This is because there's a good chance that it may
> not work quite as needed at first and that the design requires some
> rounds of refinement until it's really what we want.

How do you feel about the current interface:

delete-other-windows t, inhibits delete-other-windows

other-window numeric arg, the arg will group windows together, when
other-window is performed, only windows in the same group are
considered. I plan to do this by adding an argument to next_window.

The parameters might obvioulsy be renamed.

> So I suggest you work on a separate branch for that.

I have set up a local bzr branch to work in, that should be enough right?

--
Joakim Verona