Re[2]: What IDE features are in CEDET?

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[2]: What IDE features are in CEDET?
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 08:26:59 -0400

>>> Richard M Stallman <address@hidden> seems to think that:
>    My long term goal for CEDET is wider than just intellisense.
>
>The question I asked is about current status, not goals.
>We were shown a list of common IDE capabilities.
>Which of those can CEDET currently do?
>Which of those can CEDET not currently do?
>
>It may be that I could determine the answer from your message
>if I knew the field thoroughly, but I don't and I can't.

Ok.  CEDET provides smart-completion, and the smart help (like eldoc)
that was discussed now.  CEDET is part-way to providing a range of the
refactoring features listed earlier, but will not do them now.  CEDET
provides the data needed by ECB for all the browsing features that
were discussed.

>    I want to see Emacs provide round-trip code to UML and back again
>    interface that works for any language, where refactoring can occur w/
>    a UML diagram editor that re-writes your code.
>
>Do you mean to implement this INSIDE Emacs, or just have Emacs use
>external programs to do it?

Inside Emacs, with external programs optional.

Eric

--
          Eric Ludlam:                       address@hidden
   Siege: www.siege-engine.com          Emacs: http://cedet.sourceforge.net