Re: Proposal: diff-remove-trailing-blanks

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Re: Proposal: diff-remove-trailing-blanks
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:50:54 -0300

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

  > Some time ago Steffan suggested that this function could be a worth
  > addition to diff-mode. If this is ok, I need to sign the copyright
  > papers.

This seems like a good idea.  It would be even nicer if something like
this could be combined with whitespace-mode to clearly show trailing
whitespace.  That way the user knows he has a problem.

Well, whitespace-mode shows trailing blanks.
See whitespace-style variable.

It also reports that a buffer has a trailing blanks, besides other bogus whitespaces.
See whitespace-report function.

It also cleans trailing blanks.
See whitespace-cleanup function.

See also whitespace-action variable for some automatic actions that can be taken when a buffer is visited, killed or written.

(I currently do (setq show-trailing-whitespace t) in a hook for
diff-mode-hook, but it is not good enough, it highlights things that are
not relevant in a diff)

What relevant things would you like to see (or to be done) in a diff buffer?