Re: Alternative fringe bitmaps for continuation/truncation

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Alternative fringe bitmaps for continuation/truncation
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:38:38 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I think these are much better:
>
> Indeed.  Although at this point I wonder: why not make them of
> solid lines?

I like them as dots.

> I also agree with Jason about the centering (although I believe true
> "centering" is difficult because these are fixed bitmaps that cannot
> adapt to the face&font height, but maybe moving them up a couple pixels
> would be good enough).

Currently, the alignment of fringe bitmaps can be bottom, center or top.

Maybe would could add something like (- baseline 2) to the alignment
options...

>         Stefan
>

> PS: Also with my half-width fringes, your right truncation arrow looks
> less like an arrow than the default arrows: you may want to make them
> a bit shorter.

Well, if you have fringes narrower than 8 bits, you'll get truncation.

Maybe we should have a separate set of bitmaps for, say, 6 bit wide fringes.