Re: Very interesting analysis of "the state of Emacs"

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: Very interesting analysis of "the state of Emacs"
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:46:27 -0700

David Hansen wrote:
There are some small languages that implement this (e.g. Lua or Scheme
(not in the standard but it's a natural use for continuations)).  The
main problem I would see is emacs dynamic scope, e.g. what's the value
of a variable in one thread if another one let binds it.

As usual, Henry Baker wrote some stuff years ago that might be helpful there.
Poking around with the obvious web searches should turn it up.

Did anyone ever get any further on the "Emacs lisp on GNU Guile" idea?
I'm not too familiar with the current state of Guile these days but, at one time, while it was never clear we could do it perfectly, there was non-trivial effort and
decision making in that direction.

-t