Re: The VC to-do list

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: The VC to-do list
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 22:50:17 -0700

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

  > (1) ;; - vc-dir-kill-dir-status-process should not be specific to
dir-status,
  > ;;   it should work for other async commands as well (pull/push/...).
  >
  > Agreed.  Even the async diff code is in this category
  >
  > Dan, the near term VC-specific fix for this one should probably be
  > yours, if you can find time to do it; I don't understand the ewoc
  > interface well enough yet, and there are other things I should do to
  > VC that are more urgent than learning ewoc.  Like item (2).

This is actually Stefan's addition.  It shouldn't be too hard to fix:
all the asynchronous commands need a buffer to run in, just find a way
to keep track of that buffer and kill it+the associated process when
necessary.

  > (11) ;; - add a mechanism for ignoring files.
  >
  > I'm not clear why.  Under what circumstances do we need this when
  > the VCS doesn't do it for us?

This is about adding a way to tell the VCS to ignore certain files.

  > (23) ;; - vc-dir listing needs a footer generated when it's done to make it
  > ;; obvious that it has finished.
  >
  > This is totally a ewoc interface issue.  Yours, Dan, I think.

I'm not convinced it's useful, the mode-line displays [Waiting...] when
something is going on.