Re: IDE features: M-x find-grep

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: IDE features: M-x find-grep
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 17:01:04 -0400

    Yes, I use to say that they should be in the Edit menu every time we
    discuss this ... ;-)

    Seriously, they are very useful and I see no reason not to put them
    there. And `occur' and `multi-occur' should be there too, of course.

There are lots of commands that are "worth putting in the menu" if we
judge by their usefulness.  But if we put them all in the menu it will
be so big it is inconvenient to use.  So arguing that "this command is
worth including" is not a good way to think about the question.