RE: x-selection-exists-p vs x-get-selection

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: x-selection-exists-p vs x-get-selection
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 16:23:00 -0700

> Also, I think we support primary and secondary selection within Emacs
> even on Windows,

Thank you. That is what I was talking about. I really don't care much whether it
is officially called a secondary selection on Windows or not. The point is that
it _is_ available to Windows users.

> but there is no standard way to support this between
> programs (though Cygwin X probably has a convention we could
> follow if someone feels this is important enough to work on).

Thanks, I didn't know that part. For my purposes, just being able to define it
in Emacs and use it in Emacs (on Windows) is enough. But yes, what you mention
could also be interesting. (Frankly, I've never used the secondary selection
outside Emacs.)