Re: Redesigh of the VC front end

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Redesigh of the VC front end
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 19:00:28 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

  > > 2. When the backend supports the concept, every vc-dir buffer has a
  > > special top-line entry that can be marked to select the entire repo.
  >
  > In PCL-CVS we list subdirectories, including ".", which is hence not
  > particularly special.

vc-dir has "." too, but it's not shown by default (one needs to set
vc-dir-show-directories to get it) because various VC operations don't
do too well when passed directories... When that is fixed, we can show
it by default.

  > But maybe there's a difference between "." and "the entire repo".

There should be some experts in various VC systems on the list.
Can we please have an answer to for the above question?