Re: Redesigh of the VC front end

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Redesigh of the VC front end
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 09:56:20 -0700

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>:
  > > Sorry, this is not the issue described above.  The code is question is
  > > not related to the backend, but to the vc _state_.
  >
  > Then I don't know what you're talking about.  Try again?

Given this vc-dir buffer:

    DIRECTORY            ./
    missing              config.h
*   DIRECTORY            b/
    edited               b/c
    DIRECTORY            m/
    missing              m/n

The directory "b/" is selected.
vc-next-action needs to decide what action should it perform, looking at
the "b/" directory by itself is not helpful, it needs to look at b/c and
then it can decide it next action is (vc-checkin "b/")

Now if "m/" is selected:

    DIRECTORY            ./
    missing              config.h
    DIRECTORY            b/
    edited               b/c
*   DIRECTORY            m/
    missing              m/n

vc-next-action should not do a vc-checkin, but something else.