Re: unreading a command key sequence

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: unreading a command key sequence
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 10:01:20 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
  (setq unread-command-events
        (listify-key-sequence (this-command-keys-vector)))

[ Ideally, you should not assume that unread-command-events was nil.  ]

No, but I was unsure how to add to the list ...

The missing bit that lead to the looping was setting last-command-char
to nil.

Maybe something like this could be included in the manual in
(info "(elisp) Event Input Misc")?

I'd rather fix whichever code is responsible for the inf-loop.
Can you provide a recipe to reproduce the problem?

Maybe I can provide a simple recipe, but I think there probably is nothing to fix. I believe the looping I saw was because of the way Viper is written. When you do something like d, y, c etc then `last-command-char' will be used. (Of course other commands may do similar things, there is nothing wrong with it AFAICS.)