Re: :file keyword for Customize

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: :file keyword for Customize
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 18:08:36 +0100

Drew Adams wrote:
The granularity for Customize customizations, in terms of persistence and
`init-file').
JDEE at least, saves its own customizations in project files in the local directory. I think Gnus also lets you save your Gnus related customizations in .gnus. That is why I suggested looking at what those packages do.

 It just occurred to me that it might be better to at least let
Emacs-Lisp programmers group customizations into smaller persistence/load units,
if they see fit.

It might be better to do it at the group level than each individual customization then, if grouping is the desired outcome.