Re: :file keyword for Customize

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: :file keyword for Customize
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 00:31:40 +0200

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Who is this for, and what problem is it trying to solve?
>
> See previous, wrt load decisions. In general, this would give both
> programmers and users more control over where related options are
> stored and when they are loaded. That's all.

What problem is it trying to solve, Drew?  What problem?  We don't have
a way to specify which memory addresses Emacs is supposed to load
particular libraries to, either, because it is pointless.  It is
nonsensical to give people more control over things that have no
discernable advantage.

So please let us focus on solving existing problems instead of
_creating_ new ones.