Re: Next release

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 10:04:29 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> Basically what we're discussing here is to replace the "small
> readjustment that looks weird" by a "big readjustment which looks like
> something people can relate to".

Indeed, though I'd hope there would be an option to simply not map at
all -- one of my big objections with the silly frame-resizing-dance is
that it seems to make emacs startup take significantly more time
[emacs handling of default face size changes is.... not efficient...]

However even with a "splash frame", since it seems to be specifically
font _changing__ that's dog slow, it may in fact be faster to create two
frames with initially correct fonts than making one frame that changes
fonts.

-Miles

--
`There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
 Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'