Re: PNG image files with alpha channel

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: PNG image files with alpha channel
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 10:10:19 +0900

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
>  The weird thing, though, is that the image emacs5-256.png which you
>  sent, whose alpha channel is also much up, is 8-bit!  This can be
>  verified by stepping through image.c in gdb, or using pngtools.

Actually, "emacs5-256.png" was 16-bit ... last night!  However I
replaced it with an 8-bit version after I found the problem was with
16-bit images.

I've tested emacs with the new 8-bit version, and it works correctly.

[If you really want I still have the old 16-bit versions, but it looks
like the issue also happens with the "fnordware.com" images, so I
assume no need...]

-Miles

--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.