Re: Carbon port and multi-tty

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Carbon port and multi-tty
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 07:13:38 -0400

The primary mission of GNU is freedom and social solidarity.  We seek
to help computer users by giving them software that respects their
freedom and their community, so as to put an end to the practice of
using proprietary software, which tramples both.

Along the way we also have chances to help users in more directly
practical ways, and it is good that we do this, as long as it does not
distract our attention from the real goal.

    Btw, current GNU/Linux systems can hardly be called "free", either,
    due to gobs of proprietary software they come with.

This is why gnu.org has a list of free distros.