Bootstrap failure with CVS HEAD, WinXP

From: Sridhar Boovaraghavan
Subject: Bootstrap failure with CVS HEAD, WinXP
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 18:54:39 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to build the latest cvs emacs (fetched a couple of hours
ago, as well as about a day ago) and am encountering this problem in
the build process.

I have configured it with

--with-gcc --without-xpm --cflags -Id:/Utilities/GnuWin32/include

The configure and build process proceeds smoothly. The new emacs
executable is created, but then it fails at the point below.

--
Generating autoloads for international/mule-cmds.el...done
Generating autoloads for international/mule-conf.el...

I see that the file (in alphabetical order) after this is quail.el and
thought that it could be the problem and temporarily renamed it to
something else. However, that was not the case.

I am using mingw gcc and make and following instructions as in
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/w32-build-emacs.html

This has worked before. Anybody else seeing a similar issue?

Thanks,
Sridhar

Here's output from report-emacs-bug
--
In GNU Emacs 23.0.60 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-05-09 on BOB-MARLEY

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x 1 C-h C-a <escape> x r
e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Replaced 0 occurrences
Mark set
Replaced 0 occurrences
Mark set
Replaced 0 occurrences
Mark set
Replaced 0 occurrences
Mark set
Replaced 0 occurrences
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a. [2 times]
Sridhar Boovaraghavan