Re: 23.0.60; Building from cvs on Hurd

From: Evans Winner
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Building from cvs on Hurd
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 11:27:57 -0600

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

    Looks like you have NLDLY defined, but not FFDLY. Can
    you find the include file that defines the former and
    see which *DLY it defines?

I am not totally sure what that means, but:

,----[ grep -r NLDLY /hurd/usr/include/* ]
| /hurd/usr/include/bits/ioctls.h:#define               NLDLY
0x00000300      /* \n delay */
| /hurd/usr/include/bits/ioctls.h:#define               NLDELAY         NLDLY
        /* traditional BSD name */
`----

    Try:
    [...]

    ! #if defined NLDLY && defined FFDLY

    [...]

Yay!  That caused it to compile all the way and install.
Thank you.

It did not pass the smoke test, though, but I am pretty sure
it's unrelated to Emacs.  (Starting Emacs at the prompt
results in an error (I didn't write it down, but it was
something like) ``emacs: cannot configure tty device
/dev/tty''.  I will look into it.)  Anyway, thanks again.