Re: bug#222: isearch-repeat-forward: wrong overlay after failure

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: bug#222: isearch-repeat-forward: wrong overlay after failure
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 08:56:35 +0100

On 12 May 2008, at 08:21, David Reitter wrote:

(unless isearch-mode
        (isearch-mode 1))

Another alternative would be to make isearch-repeat-forward simply work in this case because it does something useful. We've had Command-G bound to it for three years now (i.e., in Aquamacs, with Command-F bound to isearch-forward) and I've never had any complaints from users about the functionality.