Re: how to find out when display property is deleted in C?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: how to find out when display property is deleted in C?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 23:08:34 +0300

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 16:58:29 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> But I need to remove the gtk widget from display the precise moment the
> display property goes away, or there will be very awkward display bugs.
>
> As it is now, the widgets happily live on in the emacs window even after
> their display property has been deleted. It looks very odd.

Forgive me for chiming into a discussion I wasn't following about a
subject that I'm mostly ignorant about, but: when the display property
goes away, Emacs triggers a redisplay the next moment it doesn't have
anything more important to do.  That redisplay should supply you with
an event to remove the gtk widgets, no?  Just plug your
widget-removing routines into the code that runs during redisplay.