Re: Req: images for down-mouse and hover events

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Req: images for down-mouse and hover events
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 12:00:52 +0200

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:

AFAIK theres no inbuilt way to do this. There might be solutions
involving building the logic in elisp though(that is, changing the
display property of the image to pregenerated image files on the fly
on input events)

There has been some talk, though, about allowing for image scaling with
inbuilt c api:s. If this was done, other type of image operations might
also be allowed, such as darkening/lightening the image etc.

IMHO this would be a good idea. An obstacle is finding a good image
library that is supported on all emacs plattforms, or providing
emacs abstractions for generic image libraries.

I would be pretty interested in working on this kind of support, since I
think emacs could be a pretty good scanned book reader. I have a lot of
scanned books.

--
Joakim Verona