Re: customizing key definitions with Customize

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: customizing key definitions with Customize
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 13:46:44 -0400

    It would typically be libraries, not users, that would create
    customizable keymaps (i.e. options). But please don't get hung up on where
or
    when the option is created.

I asked you to show me what it would look like to use this in Lisp
mode, and that is what you showed me.  I took you at your word and
commented on what you showed me, and now you say I am "hung up".

I have said what I think about how to make this a good feature.
Since I will not be the one to implement it, I think I have done
all that I can usefully do.