Re: 23 and multi-tty

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: 23 and multi-tty
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 17:34:15 -0700

>>>>> "reader" == reader  <address@hidden> writes:

    reader> The reason I ask is I recently installed version 23 on a
    reader> gentoo linux os but when I run it I cannot find anything
    reader> about multi-tty

    reader> Not even an apropos search with multi.*tty

    reader> Is it called something else?

Try starting Emacs in console mode, in a terminal emulator running under
X, and then doing something like M-x make-frame-on-display RET :0 RET.
If things are working, that will create a new X window with an Emacs
frame in it; if not, not.

--
It has been suggested that this article or section be merged
into Fried dough. (Discuss)