Re: Updated project-specific settings patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Updated project-specific settings patch
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 13:00:37 -0600

>>> * Search for directory settings is limited to a single file name,
>>> ".dir-settings.el".

Miles> Should this be called ".emacs-settings.el"?  I guess the ".el" is
Miles> supposed to imply that, but it might not be so obvious to everybody...

There were a couple long threads about the naming.  My recollection is
that RMS required that there be a single name and that it not include
the word "emacs".  Given those constraints, this is what I picked.

I can dig up references if you want.  If we're going to reopen the
naming discussion, I would like to request that everybody go and read
the whole thread for themselves before making suggestions.

Tom