Re: Updated project-specific settings patch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Updated project-specific settings patch
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:04:57 -0400

Stefan> In most cases, we'd prefer (expand-file-name
Stefan> ".dir-settings.el" dir) over the use of `concat'.  The only
Stefan> exception I know is when `dir' is relative and it's important
Stefan> for the result also be relative.

>> No problem.
>>
>> New patch appended.

> I've applied this patch.  I modified it to go back to the old behavior
> of using concat, however, because there were some objections to using
> expand-file-name here, and I don't like calling expand-file-name where
> it's not really needed.

Please don't, it's the other way 'round: we should only use concat to
build file names when expand-file-name is wrong.  In doubt, use
expand-file-name.

        Stefan