Re: 23.0.60; wrong glyph widths of some Unicode codepoints

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; wrong glyph widths of some Unicode codepoints
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:46:52 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Torsten Bronger <address@hidden> writes:

> The sub/superscripts (e.g. ⁴ or ₃) are narrower than the ordinary
> characters if using a monospace font (monospace-13 in my case), with
> the exceptions of ¹²³.  The same is true at least for the prime
> character ′.  The right arrow → and the cubic root ∛ used to have a
> "correct" width, but with the recent Emacs, it is too wide (the
> cubic root even too tall, too).

Please type C-u C-x = on normal ascii characters and those
problematic characters and check which fonts are used.

By the way, are you sure that your monospace-13 font has
glyphs for all of them.  In my environtment, monospace font
is actually mapped to "bitstream vera sans mono" and that
font doesn't have glyphs for those characters.  In such a
situation, it's difficult to expect to see them with the
same metrics as others.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden