Re: docstrings in dired.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: docstrings in dired.el
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 12:12:36 +0300

> Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 06:43:18 +0200
> From: "Roland Winkler" <address@hidden>
>
> I am trying to develop proced.el in analogy with dired.el.

Thanks.  But while at that, could you also please change proced.el to
not rely on an external program such as `ps', at least not explicitly?
Every modern OS has APIs to access the same information as `ps' does;
providing primitives to do that from Lisp will make proced.el much
more portable than it is currently, and I think it will also be
faster.  The hodgepodge of OS-specific options we have in proced.el at
this time is really ugly, IMO.

TIA