Re: C-M-TAB stand-in for M-TAB, on MS Windows?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: C-M-TAB stand-in for M-TAB, on MS Windows?
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 07:06:28 +0100

Miles Bader wrote:
>> [Besides the benefit of consistency, it would help with other WMs (e.g.,
>> gnome's) which copy the windows behavior and steal M-TAB from apps.]
>
> Though I notice that gnome _also_ seems to steal C-M-TAB!
>
> -Miles

C-M-TAB is apparently now eaten in vista:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=8718ad77

I tend to rebind window manager M-TAB to Super-TAB so that emacs can
have the M-TAB I'm accustomed to it having - FWIW, for gnome/metacity,
if a setting is missing from the GUI, sometimes it's lurking in gnome's
irritating registry^Wgconf, use gconf-editor to adjust values of keys
/apps/metacity/global_keybindings/switch_windows
/apps/metacity/global_keybindings/switch_panels

Usually C-M-i is effectively M-TAB though?
(Since traditionally ^i => TAB)