Re: Ruby-mode in emacs

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Ruby-mode in emacs
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 21:45:40 -0400

Chong Yidong wrote:

> Phil Hagelberg <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Actually, the Ruby developers have already offered it to be included in
>> Emacs: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-06/msg00051.html
>> It looks like there are a few things that still need to be done
>> according to Richard
>
> Indeed.  The process, unfortunately, seems to have stalled.  I just
> contacted the developers, and hopefully we can speed this process
> through.

Here's the text of the last email I sent, back in November. I had no
reply. The process stalled due to two problems the Ruby developers
had. I hope you have better luck. (I no longer have time to do the
comments.)

   Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote (on Mon, 29 Oct 2007 at 18:02 +0900):

   > * there were other contributers in past, but we can't contact them
   > now.

   Richard Stallman said that if the two of you are willing to sign
   assignments, we can ask a lawyer whether we need to worry about
   unknown authors. Can you estimate how much code these other
   contributors wrote (in total, and per author)?

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-10/msg00364.html

   > * detail comment for all functions is tough.

   I would be willing to do all this work, if the legal issues can be
   sorted out.