RE: pretest, devel and bug lists

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: pretest, devel and bug lists
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:33:15 -0700

> If things sent to emacs-pretest-bug are being fed into a bug tracker
> and sent to bug-gnu-emacs, then I would say there is no need for
> copies to _also_ be sent to emacs-devel.

I agree. Bug tracking and bugs discussions should be in a separate mailing list
from emacs-devel. If a particular bug thread develops into a development
discussion, it can be moved to emacs-devel. (Yes, I know that pretest bugs can
often involve development discussions.)

> I also don't see the need for tracker control messages to be sent to
> bug-gnu-emacs, but I'm less sure about that.

I think I disagree. I like everything about Emacs bugs to be sent to the bugs
list. But I too am less sure about this.