Re: face-remapping patch

From: Florian Beck
Subject: Re: face-remapping patch
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 04:03:46 +0200

"Miles Bader" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've attached my face-remapping patch to this message (I needed to
> untangle it from some other changes).

Hi,

this seems to work very nicely so far.

Two questions: Firstly, this works strictly on faces, doesn't it? I
cannot, say, have kanji – or any non-latin characters - displayed at
double height.

Secondly, what I'd really like is a way to change fonts/faces not per
buffer but per window. (Use cases: a secondary window which displays notes
in a smaller font or which displays tabular data in monospace font.) I
hoped I could set `face-remapping-alist'  when a buffer is displayed in a
certain window and clear it otherwise, but I am unable to find the right
hook for that.

Thanks anyway
--
Florian Beck