Re: GTK+Emacs on w32?

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: GTK+Emacs on w32?
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:06:50 +0200

Jason Rumney wrote:

> Cygwin will probably work

NO. It bootstraps fine, but Emacs fails starting. See etc/PROBLEMS.

> there doesn't appear to be an active maintainer for the Cygwin port

If I remember, there is a maintainer, but, as you wrote, he is not active!.

> we only occasionally hear about it from users when there are problems

Me, mainly!

The best we can do on Cygwin is use XFT, adding to ~/.Xdefaults:

Emacs.FontBackend:      xft
Emacs.font:             Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-14

Xft*antialias: true
Xft*autohint: true

Cheers,
   Angelo.