Re: pretest, devel and bug lists

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: pretest, devel and bug lists
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 01:12:47 +0100

On Thu, 29 May 2008, Nick Roberts wrote:

>  > So we have exactly what you describe, except that bug-gnu-emacs is now
>  > the "separate bug-tracker list".
>
> In other words, not exactly what RMS describes.  I think it's overkill for
> everything that gets sent to bug-gnu-emacs to have a bug number.  Some things
> are fixed immediately and others turn out not to be bugs.

All of these cases are cases where you should use a bug tracker; in
the case where they're fixed immediately or aren't bugs, you close
them and move on. They're tracked for you, so you can avoid losing an
important bug, and you know that every message has actually been dealt
with.

Don Armstrong

--
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one
by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.