Re: Gnu Emacs and Vista ASLR feature

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs and Vista ASLR feature
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 16:33:08 +0200

Thanks for the explanation. I'll see if I can investigate on this basis.

It is strange that Emacs works the first time.

Sure. I was much more familiar with the internals of xemacs (well, some of them) so my comparison. As far as I remember, they have changed their lisp objects internal representation
for one without pointers, so that it is entirely relocatable.
I need to have a look at Gnu Emacs sources to see how it is handled.

I must add that the same Gnu Emacs I compiled is running on XP.
It suffered from the same startup crash syndrom, however
I dumped again from temacs.exe under XP and it doesn't seem to crash anymore.

Sorry if I have been quick with my conclusions.
I will recompile this stuff in debug mode (if possible)
and have a look. I have the msvcrt sources so maybe ...

Best regards,

Fabrice