Gnu Emacs and Vista ASLR feature

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Gnu Emacs and Vista ASLR feature
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 02:48:26 +0900

Fabrice Popineau writes:

 > I'd like to raise a problem with Gnu Emacs and Vista. There is this new
 > Adress Space Layout Randomization feature in Vista.

Try XEmacs with the portable dumper enabled (I think that's default
for native compilers).  If that works, you could dig up the portable
dumper patch for Emacs (there is one according to posts to this list),
and get that working.

ISTR that the equivalent feature in SELinux causes XEmacs w/ pdump to
fail anyway, but that may have been fixed (ask Olivier Galibert
<address@hidden>).  It's worth a try I think.