Re: popup spam from emacs when visiting a patch file

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: popup spam from emacs when visiting a patch file
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 23:38:15 +0200

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
Hi,

        I have turned on which-func-mode, so that in some major
 modes the function name is displayed in the mode line. Unfortunately,
 the default for the variable which-func-modes (in wile which-func.el)
 includes diff-mode.

        I say unfortunately, since when I visit a file with a patch
 (and not having the source handy), in order to display the function
 name it needs to visit the file, and since it can't figure out the file
 name, it pops us a file chooser box asking me for the file -- or allows
 me to cancel. However, as soon as I cancel, the box pops up again --
 over and over again (I think there is an event timer associated with
 mode line display, once every few seconds, and these requests stack
 up).

Until this is fixed you can move point from the lines where the file names are. At least that worked for me. (Not sure if the problem is still there.)