Re: Three strikes them out

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Three strikes them out
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:36:20 +0900

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:
> I just wanted a C-g signal to reach the timers just as it now reaches
> code running directly in the command loop. I thought that some C-g in a
> row would be easy to remember for that.

I think that would an _extremely_ bad idea -- I often hit C-g like crazy
when response is just the tiniest bit slow (or even simply because I'm
angry at something else).

If parts of emacs just stopped working, in invisible and hard to debug
ways, just because the user happened to hit C-g a few too many times, it
would be very annoying and confusing for users.

-Miles

--
Opportunity, n. A favorable occasion for grasping a disappointment.