Re: Three strikes them out

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Three strikes them out
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:24:02 +0200

Miles Bader wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:
I just wanted a C-g signal to reach the timers just as it now reaches
code running directly in the command loop. I thought that some C-g in a
row would be easy to remember for that.

I think that would an _extremely_ bad idea -- I often hit C-g like crazy
when response is just the tiniest bit slow (or even simply because I'm
angry at something else).

I would rather say it would be an extremely bad idea to hit C-g like that if my idea was implemented ;-)

If parts of emacs just stopped working, in invisible and hard to debug
ways, just because the user happened to hit C-g a few too many times, it
would be very annoying and confusing for users.

Indeed, but still I think it would be useful to be able to do just that sometimes. With another key combination and a descent message explaining the state ...