23.0.60; customize or whatever to disable gpm-mouse-mode

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: 23.0.60; customize or whatever to disable gpm-mouse-mode
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 08:44:09 +1000

I had some trouble disabling gpm-mouse-mode, which is on by default in
the recent cvs.

I tried M-x customize-variable gpm-mouse-mode and saving, which turned
it off, but on the next startup it was enabled again.  Then I tried
"(gpm-mouse-mode 0)" in my .emacs, but that didn't have any effect at
all.

I suspect terminal-init-linux is forcibly turning it on after .emacs and
customizations have run.

I wonder if a saved customize could work in the next session.  Or
alternatively have some guidance in the docstring or manual on
disabling.  (I got what I wanted for the moment under term-setup-hook.
I like the gpm/kernel default selection stuff and get fairly annoyed by
programs that take it over with their own ideas :-).

I saw frames.texi mentions t-mouse-mode, perhaps it could have a couple
of words about it being enabled by default now, if that's going to be
the case (still as/when available, of course).

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
 of 2008-06-01 on blah.blah
configured using `configure  'CFLAGS=-O -g' '--prefix=/down/emacs/b/inst'
'--with-x-toolkit=gtk''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil