Re: Gnu Emacs and Vista ASLR feature

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs and Vista ASLR feature
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:59:07 +0200

Hello, Fabrice!  Long time no spoken.  Welcome to GNU Emacs (I think
you used to use XEmacs in the past).

Eli, Pleased to meet you again :-)

I think that considering ongoing TeX developments, the current state of
Emacs warrants a reevaluation, and the same might be somewhat sadly said
about the current state of XEmacs.  I am certainly glad that a system
integrator of Fabrice's level is putting Emacs through the motions.

Thanks David for the nice words. I wonder if I will have enough time to package something along what I did some years ago for XEmacs + TeX. I wanted to have a look a the current state of all Emacsen on native win32 platform : GNU Emacs, but I'm also having a look at Climacs.

It is true (and fortunate !) that in a few years, the situation has changed, but experiences vary according to the target platform. Emacs23 seems in a very good shape, but it could probably also benefit of a couple of XEmacs features (only my feeling).

Best regards,

Fabrice