compilation mode does not parse error messages from ant correctly

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: compilation mode does not parse error messages from ant correctly
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:33:48 +0200

Hi,

The compilation mode does not parse error messages from ant correctly.
I have this problem with Emacs HEAD from this morning, but the problem
is probably older.

To reproduce, visit etc/compilation.txt. In the ant section, emacs
highlights the filenames correctly, e.g. in the line

    [javac] /src/DataBaseTestCase.java:27: unreported exception ...

/src/DataBaseTestCase.java is shown with the compilation-error face as
expected.  However, when clicking on the line with mouse button 1, I get
a prompt in the minibuffer with:

Find this error in (default     [javac] /src/DataBaseTestCase.java):
/vol1/opt/src/emacs-hg-sarge/etc/

I. e. the default filename is the contents of the error line from the
beginning of the line until the first colon.  That is, it includes the "
[javac] " which is not part of the filename.

AFAICT, this is due to the gnu regexp from
compilation-error-regexp-alist-alist also matching the ant line.

  Bernhard