Re: Font settings ignored on new frames

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Font settings ignored on new frames
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:39:08 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>> Even if it behaved that way all the way back to Emacs-20, it'd still
>> qualify as a bug wouldn't it?
>
> Perhaps, but I'm not sure.  I don't understand how
> custom-set-faces works.  The docsting just says that it
> "initialize faces".  It doesn't say how it interacts with
> default-frame-alist, initial-frame-alist, X resources, etc.

All that stuff is just completely nuts.  I don't think backwards
compatibility means all that much, since it's never been very consistent
or reliable.

-Miles

--
Immortality, n.  A toy which people cry for, And on their knees apply for,
      Dispute, contend and lie for, And if allowed Would be right proud