Proposed additional scrolling functions

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Proposed additional scrolling functions
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:55:21 -0400

Hi,

I have the following in the NS port lisp code:

;; alt-up/down scrolling a la Stuart.app
(defun up-one () (interactive) (scroll-up 1))
(defun down-one () (interactive) (scroll-down 1))
(global-set-key [M-up] 'down-one)
(global-set-key [M-down] 'up-one)

I've used these all the time for years -- nice way to see a few lines more of a buffer w/o moving point or touching mouse. M-up and M-down are unbound previously, except inside org-mode, when it would be fine to override. What about incorporating these into emacs trunk, in (?) simple.el and bindings.el?