Re: Yet another bootstrap failure: Required feature `esh-groups' was not

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Yet another bootstrap failure: Required feature `esh-groups' was not provided
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:22:09 -0400

Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> eshell/em-alias.el:96:1:Error: Required feature `esh-groups' was not provided
[...]
> Am I doing something wrong?

Yes. Please read INSTALL.CVS, or search the list archives.

(make autogen-clean; make autoloads _may_ help you in this case)

> This constant brokenness of the CVS head saps infinite energy from me.

The constant reporting of the same non-bugs saps my energy (but
fortunately not an "infinite" amount).

> There was some talk a while ago of commissions triggering an automatic
> build.  This would be nice.

It wouldn't help all the people who persist in building Emacs by a
shortcut, then getting confused when it breaks.