Re: Yet another bootstrap failure: Required feature `esh-groups' was not

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Yet another bootstrap failure: Required feature `esh-groups' was not provided
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 08:58:35 +0000

Hi, Glenn!

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 10:51:36PM -0400, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > It's an incompatible change,

> What is, precisely?

Er, the change in the meaning of "make bootstrap" which I saw last night.
I think I saw something which wasn't there.  Sorry for shouting at
everybody about this.

> > Thanks, but it didn't.  :-(  The makefile couldn't find the target
> > autogen-clean.

> In other words, your lisp/Makefile wasn't even up to date.

No, autogen-clean exists only in .../lisp/Makefile, not the top level
one.  :-)

> >     make[3]: *** No rule to make target
> > `/home/acm/emacs/emacs/lisp/nxml/nxml-enc.elc', needed by `compile-main'.
> > Stop.

> Can't help with that.

There've been changes to nxml-mode recently.  Maybe the Makefile just
needs tweaking.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).