Re: buffer name completion is case-sensitive now

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: buffer name completion is case-sensitive now
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 21:48:47 +0300

> Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 21:32:51 +0300
> From: "=?UTF-8?Q?=C4=B0smail_D=C3=B6nmez?=" <address@hidden>
> Cc: Emacs-Devel <address@hidden>
>
> Unlike Windows, MacOS allows you to format your disk as HFS+ case sensitive.

Actually, Windows has an equivalent option as well, except that it
isn't done via formatting, but rather via a special flag passed to the
API that opens files.  So if we want Emacs on Windows to become
case-sensitive (personally, I don't think this is a good idea for a
number of gory technical reasons), we can do that.