Re: newsticker-*.el files

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: newsticker-*.el files
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:34:16 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Leo <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:23:02 +0900
>>
>> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> > Not that I see how this is relevant: all I'm asking is not break it
>> > more than it is already broken, so that the efforts to revive it won't
>> > be harder than they have to.  The cost of this request is so low that
>> > I'm bewildered why I need to justify it each time.
>>
>> I think the perception is that the benefit is less than the cost,
>> even if the latter is "low".
>
> I submit that with a sufficiently low cost, the benefits are
> irrelevant.

Emacs is not occupational therapy.

Apart from that: renaming files in CVS is not "sufficiently low cost".
Man weeks of discussion are not "sufficiently low cost".  Supervising
people to monitor 8.3 restrictions time and again is not "sufficiently
low cost".  If the benefits are irrelevant and we are just talking about
a way to spend the time, playing arcade games is more fun.

--
David Kastrup