Re: newsticker-*.el files

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: newsticker-*.el files
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:56:58 +0200

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 11:34, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Apart from that: renaming files in CVS is not "sufficiently low cost".

Well, it is, if done now. It is not, after the files have accumulated
history. We've renamed files for less logical reasons (I'm thinking of
old-whitespace...)

> Man weeks of discussion are not "sufficiently low cost".  Supervising
> people to monitor 8.3 restrictions time and again is not "sufficiently
> low cost".

As Eli is the one doing that work, it is low cost for the rest of the
Emacs developers. Or would be, were not so inclined to discuss the
issue once and again. Which is entirely the point.

> If the benefits are irrelevant and we are just talking about
> a way to spend the time, playing arcade games is more fun.

Please!

   Juanma