Re: Fixed-pitch and variable-pitch faces

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Fixed-pitch and variable-pitch faces
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:38:34 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>> but, if I try to change the family of the `default' face to Aurulent
>> Sans Mono, instead, emacs uses:
>
>>    -xos4-Terminus-normal-normal-normal-*-16-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1
>
> Hmmm, strange.  In my environment,
>   ESC : (set-frame-font "Aurulent Sans Mono")
> surely works.

Oddly _that_ works for me too, as does the "-fn" option.  It's
`customize-face' and `set-face-attribute' that don't seem to work.

The set-face-attribute form I tried to use was:

   (set-face-attribute 'default nil :family "Aurulent Sans Mono")

> Please try this:

Since the -fn option apparently works correctly, I tried your gdb recipe
with the above set-face-attribute form, setting the breakpoint just
before I evaluated that form in the *scratch* buffer.

I've attached the gdb session.

Thanks,

-Miles

Alliance, n. In international politics, the union of two thieves who have
their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that they cannot
separately plunder a third.