Re: Regarding proc x_make_frame_visible in w32term.c

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Regarding proc x_make_frame_visible in w32term.c
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:49:06 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
w32term.c, proc x_make_frame_visible
/* my_show_window (f, FRAME_W32_WINDOW (f), f->async_iconified ? SW_RESTORE : SW_SHOW); */
my_show_window (f, FRAME_W32_WINDOW (f), SW_SHOWNORMAL);
The line commented is exactly what I want. I wonder why it is
commented out and replaced by "SW_SHOWNORMAL" one. Any consideration for
it? Can we change it back? I cannot find any description about it in
the change log.

That line has been commented out since it was added in 1997, the SW_SHOWNORMAL version has always been there. Perhaps the maintainer at the time was experimenting with improving the behavior, but some other bug was interfering, so he left the line in a comment to come back to later.

I've swapped the lines over now, if problems start to surface regarding iconifying and restoring frames, at least we can add a comment that explains why that line is commented out.